This unique seaside house has 5 bedrooms, sleeping up to 10 guests. As it is owned by the Makepeace family, guests at West Soar can also use the extensive leisure facilities of neighbouring Soar Mill Cove Hotel,
From Valentines onwrads the hotels new Resturant will open offering a more contemporary feel and our already popular Bar Supper Menu remains available. They even offer meals delivered to West Soar if you let thwm have a bit of notice
From Late Spring onwards the hotels extensive leisure facilities will inlcude a much bigger indoor pool complex with min gym, new sauna and lounging area.
Dining for breakfast and dinner in the hotel restaurant is available to residents and guests of West Soar at a 10% discount on evening dining in the main restaurant. (Please note the hotel is closed for all of January until Valentines weekend in February).
Soar Mill Cove is an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and of Special Scientific Interest with a diverse habitat of forna and wildlife in a National Trust coastal protection area. West Soar enjoys the benefits of this rural environment with the cosmopolitan harbour town of Salcombe just a 1 hours coastal walk or a 5 mile drive away.
The beach is a true Famous Five style cove with golden sand and rock pools and caves so dark even grown ups chicken out.
The coastline makes great Mountain Biking and Running landscape for all abilities and the owners who live next door are always happy to share their local knowledge of this and where best to enjoy a nice pint and who does the best pasty when you are ready to chill out and relax..
Facilities include :
- Outside Hot Tub
- Indoor den with Football Table and Games Cupboard & PS2 with games
- Sea View Lounge with expansive views over the valley and uninterrupted views out to The Eddystone
- Large TV with Blue Ray DVD and Sky TV
- Wireless Broad Band Free of Charge
- Payphone (limited mobile reception)
- Large Patio with patio furniture
- Spacious Fenced Gardens and Grounds
- Mountain Bikes
- Table Tennis
- Board Games
- Body Boards, Buckets, Spades, Crab Lines and Nets
- Cots and Highchairs by request
- Washing Machine and Tumble Dryer
- Chefs Cooking Range
Well behaved dogs are welcome, by arrangement (£100 additional damage deposit), but are not allowed upstairs. The beach is open to dogs all year round.